Here are some facts:
• In 2017, 42% of clients stated that they must choose between food and paying for Medicine/healthcare.
• Among all client households with at least one child under the age of 18, 81.2% utilize the school lunch program and 63.6% utilize the school breakfast program.
• According to the National Coalition for the Homeless, there are approximately 790, 000 people who are homeless in the United States. On any given night, 2 million have been homeless at some time during the year, and 12 million of the adult residents of the U.S. have been homeless at some point in their lives.
• 36.7 % are children under 18 years old (6.9 % are children 5 years old)
• 8.2 % are age 65 and older
• 68.8 % had incomes below the official federal poverty level
• 21.8 % of all adult clients are homeless
• 27.9 % of households have one or more member in poor health
• 39.7 % of households include at least one employed adult
• 51.6 % are female - 48.4 % are male
• 62.1% are African-American
• 12.2 % are White
YOU can make a difference! Volunteers are always welcome and needed at the Bread of Life Food Pantry. Call us today and donate your time and/or support.
Mondays 4:00pm until 6:00pm
Thursdays, 1:00pm until 3:00pm
PLEASE VISIT US !
Pastor Sandra Gillespie,
6201 South Sangamon
Chicago, IL 60621
On a rainy afternoon this month, Robinette Haywood waited in line for a food pantry under an awning at the Chosen Tabernacle church with her two youngest children, Malachi, 5, and Reign, 3....