Bread of Life Food Pantry
The Food Pantry is committed to distributing food to the marginalized of our community on a weekly basis to eradicate the effects of hunger and food insecurity. In collaboration with the Greater Chicago Food Depository, and other local donors, we currently distribute food to more than 150 families weekly. Additionally, we purpose to preserve and enhance the dignity and wellbeing of our clients by also providing an assortment of vital services that enrich social relationships, foster physical health, and promote self-reliance.
The Bread of Life Food Pantry has been the recipient of various awards and accolades including:
· Four time beneficiary of Jewel-Osco Awards
· Represented Chicago at the Anti-Hunger Conference in Washington, D.C.
· Advocate Committee member for the passage of the “Food for Families Initiative” in Illinois
· 2020 Winner of the GCFD Advocate of the Year Award
· Pantry featured in the Sunday Chicago Sun Times; National Geographic Magazine; the NBC Nightly News; Participant on GCFD’s Panel discussion with President Barack Obama; Channel 7 News December 2020 “Feed the Love” campaign; and a feature segment on Good Morning America on December 11, 2020
· Recipient of the 2022 “Jesus Girls Rock” Ruth Global Hunger Award
Building and Grounds
The Building and Grounds Team manages and oversees maintenance of the Church facility and grounds. The Team works closely with allocated Chosen Presbytery leadership determining priorities for regular and special maintenance projects.
Chosen to Win
Provides spiritual support and Godly education and counsel for youth between the ages of 6-18 years. The Ministry meets regularly and includes not only biblical training and spiritual education, but also involvement and training in various creative outlets including drama, praise and worship, liturgical dance, and additional enlightening recreational activities. In 2022, the Youth Ministry relaunched the bi-weekly “Youth Church”, which has been highly successful in providing an exciting, interactive and enriching environment for our youth to become rooted in their relationship with Jesus Christ and enjoy fellowship with each other.
Christian Education Ministry
The Christian Education Ministry encompasses biblical instruction in the development of Christian character and the proper application and understanding of Godly life principles. Forums of Christian Education include Sunday school classes for all ages, Biblical based workshops, training sessions, symposiums, conferences, and outreach activities.
Community Relations Team
The Community Relations Team participates in community activities, political forums, and social awareness initiatives on behalf of Chosen Bethel to convey social, ecumenical, cultural, and racial harmony. The Team purposes to bring awareness of the Kingdom of God and Chosen Bethel Ministries. Team members attend community meetings, determine how Chosen can be more involved in the community, and facilitate collaborations with the Alderman, Mayor, State Representatives, Politicians, and other related Community Leaders.
Creative Arts Ministry Team
This anointed Ministry consists of musicians, singers, dancers, rappers, and actors as well as other creatives. The Team is Christ-centered, purpose drive, and committed to ministering at Chosen Bethel with their God given talents with a spirit of excellence for God’s glory. The Team strives to create a bridge to influence lives in deeply intimate ways through engagement. The Team ministers through music, singing, dance, drama, mime, spoken word and art.
Chosen Bethel Deacons are appointed by God to serve the Body of Christ in whatever capacity is needed. This includes taking on administrative or organizational tasks, ushering, being responsible for building maintenance and church transportation, serve communion to our homebound members, and all other acts of service.
This Ministry is responsible for all aspects of Evangelism and Outreach, which is the witness of the Body of Christ to the unsaved. The Team spreads the message of God’s redeeming love, which urges repentance and reconciliation to God. The Ministry provides comprehensive evangelistic ministry, and purposes to serve with a spirit of excellence with integrity and compassion for our community, our nation and our world. The Ministry strives to provide resources and networking opportunities in the areas of eradicating Hunger and Food Insecurity, Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation, Counseling, Financial Literacy, Academic Development and Physical Enrichment. This Ministry includes the Bread of Life Food Pantry, Operation Impact Homeless Ministry, and the Nursing Home Ministry.
Fellowship Ministry Teams
The Fellowship Ministries consistently provide support, encouragement, guidance, and fellowship through authentic and gracious interaction. The Ministries are as follows:
· Covenant Keepers Marriage Ministry: Designed to impart and rejuvenate the value and significance of using Godly principles to govern healthy marriage relationships.
· Heart to Heart Women’s Fellowship: Designed to provide an environment for women to share and cultivate spiritual and personal enrichment, and wholeness to every aspect of their lives.
· Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Fellowship: Designed to assist men in becoming spiritually, physically, economically and financially empowered and to be the heads of their homes as they walk in their divine purpose, while creating a strong bond of brotherhood and unity among men.
· Singles Fellowship: Designed to effectively educate, motivate and stimulate unmarried believers to experience God’s love, wholeness, and divine purpose for their individual lives.
· Young Adults Ministry: Designed to encourage the need for and development of fellowship to young adults between the ages of 18-35 by networking, resourcing, recreational activities and discipleship.
· Youth, Children and Destiny Ministries: Designed to provide spiritual support and Godly education and counsel for youth between the ages of 13-18 years; children between the ages of 8-12; and Destiny between the ages of 4-11. This includes biblical training and spiritual education, training in various creative outlets including drama, praise and worship, mime, step team, liturgical dance, singing, and computer training, and other recreational activities.
Five-Fold Ministry Gifts
The Five-Fold Ministry Gifts of Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Evangelist, Teachers (Ephesians 4:11) were designed by God to proclaim God's revelation, to teach truths needed by the Church to grow, flourish and thrive. The Five-Fold Ministry Gifts of Chosen Bethel provide leadership, teaching and direction through classes and spiritual enrichment that edify the Body of Christ. The mission is to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the Body of Christ is built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, reaching the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
Intercessory Prayer Team
The Intercessory Prayer Team Ministry consistently seeks God and His will in prayer. The Team actively encourages and promotes prayer within the life of the church. The Prayer Team conducts regular prayer meetings and initiatives, seeking the manifestation of the vision of Chosen Bethel, and for the anointing and glory of God to fall in EVERY Chosen service and endeavor.
Multimedia and Social Media Team
The Multimedia and Social Media Team effectively facilitates all internal and external communications related to Chosen Bethel. This includes development and maintenance of Chosen Bethel’s website (www.chosentabernacle.com), all social media outlets, and effective facilitation of all streaming and communication.
The Transportation Ministry provides free reliable and safe transportation to and from worship services and other church-related functions as necessary for members and non-members.
· Provide transportation accommodations for members to accompany the Pastor to any engagements
· Provide transportation for members to outside fellowships and miscellaneous events.
The Ushers/Greeters Ministry play a vital role in the hospitality and welcoming spirit of Chosen Bethel. They warmly greet everyone that enters the Church and assists with seating all guests. They also provide direction and assist congregants with their needs while in the Sanctuary.
· Assist in the seating of congregants
· Provide care for the needs of the Pastor during the service.
· Attend to the needs of the visiting speaker or guest(s) of honor.
· Maintain the decorum of the service, according to the church’s standards.
· Watch for the safety of the congregation and act as the line of first response to medical emergencies.
· Collect and assist with the offering.
· Attend to altar ministry or response ministry as people respond to the sermon’s invitation.